In order to ensure that the members meet the educational requirements of our membership, we provide an Intensive Job Training Program, that offers in-class and long distance study for all theoretical courses and onsite manipulative techniques practice.
Students can choose to practice at our association’s study centre or our recognized Holistic Centres which have qualified registered massage therapists (RMT) or Licensed Holistic Practitioners to teach and supervise their clinical practice.
After completing all required courses, students get their certificate and membership from our association.
Criteria for Enrollment:
- at least 18 years
- High school and above diploma
- Prerequisite courses in human anatomy and human physiology
- Previous manual therapy/massage experience no required
The intensive training program combines classroom teaching and hand on practice, covering following courses in teaching modules format.
- Musculoskeletal system – anatomy and physiology
- Nerve system – anatomy and physiology
- Manual therapy concept
- The scope of manual therapy
- Code of ethics of manual therapy
- Holistic practice regulations and by-laws
- Professional communications
- Operating of a holistic centre
- Professional behaviour of holistic practitioners and owners
- Relaxation manual therapy techniques
- Therapeutic manual therapy techniques
- Trigger points
- Reflexology techniques
- Acupressure techniques
- Home care and remedial excises
- Treatment notes and financial records
- Stress and anxiety
- Neck, shoulder and back pain
- Manual therapy practice
What a Typical Training Module Teach?
In our module format teaching class, every single training module will cover the following contents:
- Knowledge of related anatomy, physiology and pathology
- How to ask health history, onset and progress, treatment history.
- Basic physical examination and assessment methods
- Identification of conditions and treatment areas
- Identification of any anti-indications and precautions
- Treatment plan development
- Obtaining of consent for treatment
- Room preparation
- Positioning, client privacy and proper draping method, professional boundary and behaviours
- Manual therapy techniques
- Home care and remedial excises instructions
- Clinical practice
Module Example: Manual Therapy for Lower Back Pain
The training module will start by introducing the anatomic structure of lumbar spinal, related muscles’ origin and insertion and their functions, main nerves pathway and their domination.
Student will learn how to dialogue with client, ask what happened for his lower back, how long and how often the pain occurs, what is the nature of the pain, constant or frequent, the nature of pain is throbbing, cramping, shooting or radiating, what make the pain worse and less, what is the scale of the pain using the Ten Point Pain Scale. Students will ask client any treatment methods has used or on-going, what effect of them. Any past injuries related etc.
The student will learn how to talk to client and give consent for palpating his lumber area to identify the pain area, and swollen and pain, direct client to bending and turning lower back to see which position and motion will cause the pain, identifying the range of motion of his lower back, then give some basic muscle stretching tests like posture observation to see if any scoliosis or lordosis, some functional tests and movement tests to figure out which muscle involved or if any inter-vertebral disc prolapse related.
For the job nature as a holistic practice, we require student learn only the basic assessment methods rather than any advanced specific orthopedic tests. The purpose of the basic palpation and tests will let students understand what is going on there in order to have a proper treatment plan and manual therapy techniques, he will also know some anti-indications and precautions could be applied, as well as what type of home care will be good for client/patient.
For the treatment part, students will learn how to guide client the right position on the treatment bed, for example, back pain using face-down potion and sciatica pain also need side-lying; and how to using pillow under client’s neck and legs, how to properly drape the client to protect his privacy, how to keep a professional boundary with the client in dialogue and therapeutic touch. The student will the manual therapy techniques for lower back pain, and how to educate the client about using a heat pack and remedial excises at home.
In whole training module, students watch PPT handout, teaching videos and teacher’s demonstration, practice those methods and techniques in class with a partner and after class at home until being able to operate them skillfully. The teacher will observe students’ manipulation and give correction.
The class schedule is flexible to meet students’ individual time, currently, we have Tuesday, Thursday, Friday classes open.
Long Distance Study/Practice in Recognized Holistic Centres
For those who cannot attend classroom courses, we offer long-distance study opportunity. Students will get PPT handouts and teaching videos by email, study at home, and practice at our training centre or our recognized holistic centres once or twice per week, teachers give onsite demonstrations and corrections for their manipulation to make sure their ability to do it in a correct way.
Our online study will be available soon.
- In Class Study: $30 per hour. Every single module study includes 2 hours. $1500 for total 25 modules (50 hours) study. Some student may already learn some modules, the study hours will be shorted.
- Long Distance Study: No charge for at-home study. Fees for PPT handouts and study videos are $150. $30 per hour for practice part at our training centre, student for to the individual training centres.